Sunday 9 December 2012

Goodbye again. Goodbye for now, class of 2012


It was great to see the Chemists and Physicists of the class of 2012 again today.

As I said to those who I managed to speak to -  I was made to feel so welcome and had such a great time teaching you this year – thank you for making the year so special.

BUT – I was startled by the revelation that “..I enjoyed your jokes and your sometimes inappropriate humour…”
Firstly - Thank you. (I was touched by this and the whole message).
Secondly - Woah! - I had gone to great lengths to walk on the right side of clean this year. I can’t think of anything that wasn’t …However, if this is what was being referred to:

I can assure you that anything I said was completely innocent and that any double entendre was a construction of YOUR imaginations!

But on that topic of inappropriate humour, I have recently decided that Bill Burr is one of the funniest comedians I have heard in a long time. The audio track to this video (YouTube link to 'Bill Burr : Let It Go' removed due to inappropriate humour)  is great for a car trip (though make sure everyone in the car is over 18 and not easily offended) – and no, there is no way I would post the actual video to the Blurg.

What made me laugh the most was the bit between  7:35 and 7:55 (this is how I felt trying to field some of your questions this year - but I'm not complaining - you have helped me become a better teacher/chemist/physicist).

Best wishes, please keep in touch – I’d love to hear what you are studying and where your career path takes you.

Merry Christmas,

Dr Blurg

No comments:

Post a Comment