Thursday 21 June 2012

The End of Term 2

Thank you for a great term and for introducing me to – 

The HSC Teachers’ Term 2 Lament (Thanks to CollegeHumour)

Now and then I think of all the things I’ve taught you.
Every handout with a Far Side cartoon apropos.
You don’t want to live that way.
Forgetting every word I say.
You said you’d never let it go.
I guess mnemonic devices just weren’t enough for you though*

You really ‘disappoint me somewhat’
I worked so hard to teach you something and now you don’t know nothing.
What does the conch symbolise?
Or anything beyond the first three digits of pi?
And what about SOHCAHTOA?

Or asexual reproduction of a protozoa?
I guess you didn’t need that though.
Now it’s just a study that you used to know.


* ie Solo hated mangoes so had to eat monkey nuts for water – or whatever…

 But on that topic - tonight I did some research on the scale of the universe site and I have the proof I was looking for:






Keep the questions, summaries, essays, everything coming throughout the holidays. I don’t want to get bored. Actually I’m bored already hence this ridiculous post. So, get to it!

And Physicists - make sure you watch the two clips on the previous post.

And to finish the term – some more sesame street with one of the greatest voices today (song at 1:15):


No comments:

Post a Comment